Compton Care in the Community
For you, it might be important to stay in the comfort of familiar surroundings while receiving care and support.
Compton Care offers support within the community.
Our teams work 365 days a year, seven days a week 24 hours a day to bring our care, advice and expertise to your doorstep.
Our community teams provide support to patients who have been diagnosed and are living with a progressive terminal illness, who may be experiencing physical, emotional or spiritual needs associated with their illness, and their carers.
Our support includes:
- Review of symptoms and development of management plans in the community setting, which includes prescribing of medications for uncontrolled symptoms and facilitation of end-of-life care at home through the provision of anticipatory medications.
- Emotional support for both the patient and their carers.
- Advance care planning.
- Signposting to external agencies.
- Engagement with local external providers, GPs, District Nurses, hospital palliative care teams and hospital consultants.
- Facilitation of admission to the hospice Inpatient Unit, should this be required.
- Referral to our supportive care services, including our Living Well service, if required.
Our Compton Community Teams work together and you may be visited or contacted by a team member from the following teams depending on your needs at the time. Our teams are supported by our palliative care consultants and doctors who you may also on occasion require contact from.
Our community teams receive referrals from GPs, healthcare professionals, patients, or carers. This must be with a person’s consent or agreement. You can also contact us directly yourself if you have been diagnosed and are living with a progressive terminal illness and are experiencing physical, emotional or spiritual needs associated with that illness,
A referral or request for input can be via our referral page, a request for a referral form or direct telephone if a response from Compton Rapid Response Team is required.
We are a collective team who are available seven days a week, 365 days a year, working both day and night.
You can contact us on our Advice and Referral Line – 01902 774570.
Compton Care provides care free at the point of delivery; if you wish to support our charity please consider providing a donation in order for us to continue to support the people we serve.
Want to find out more about our services? Use our service finder below.