Early Careers & Work Experience
Whether you’re a school leaver, Duke of Edinburgh volunteer, looking for work experience or even the opportunity to change your career, consider Compton Care. We have several schemes that could kick start your passion into a job that you love.
Why come to learn at Compton Care?
What we offer
From work experience, placements, apprenticeships and more, Compton Care is a great place to learn.
We offer a fulfilling and valuable experience and encourage you to see and learn about other areas of our organisation where possible. If you choose to gain experience with us, no matter where you learn, you will gain new and valuable skills and feel inspired and encouraged to continue your career journey.
Explore to discover more about our schemes including:
- Business and Administration
- Quality Improvement and Governance
- Research and Development
- Informatics and Data Security
What’s in it for me?
- Recognised qualifications – whether you do an apprenticeship or you’re just starting to build your career, you’ll have the chance to gain recognised qualifications that will stand you in great stead for the future.
- Self-development – with ongoing training you’ll develop both professional and personal skills, giving you the confidence you need to grow your career.
- Support – you’ll always find help when you need it – whether that’s from your team, mentors, line managers or further afield. Everyone at Compton is here to help.
- Opportunity – we strongly believe in internal progression and offer a wide variety of areas you could move into, so you can shape your career in the way you want.
- Belonging – you’ll be able to get involved with various teams and will have the opportunity to connect and learn from others throughout the organisation.
- Impact – everyone is encouraged to contribute and every viewpoint is valued. If you have an idea or solution to a problem, we want to hear it! You could help shape the future of Compton Care.
Work Experience and Placements
If you choose to complete work experience with us, we have opportunities across a variety of areas including working with our retail or catering teams or perhaps with our outpatient services at our Compton main site.
This is your chance to see what Compton Care has to offer your future career and to learn and hone some invaluable skills. Throughout your placement you will be mentored and offered the opportunity to see and discuss other areas of Compton Care.
Additionally, we are working with colleges in our area to offer work placements to young people looking to gain key skills and experiences in many of our retail stores. Working closely with you or your college we’ll aim to give a wonderful, worthwhile experience.
Learn while you earn, whether you’re looking for hands-on or office-based work, there’s something for you. We offer a fantastic range of apprenticeships across the organisation from level 2 (GCSE equivalent) through to level 6 (degree equivalent). We work closely with our apprenticeship providers to ensure you get the support and development to see you succeed.
Whether it’s administration, marketing or retail we have something for everyone. We want to hear from you, your ambition is our future, and we can’t wait to see you grow.
Looking to complete your Duke of Edinburgh award? We have plenty of volunteering opportunities throughout Compton. Whether it’s your bronze, silver or gold award we will find a placement area and time that suits you. You’ll learn some great skills whilst with us, give something back to others through your support and work towards your DofE award.
Our teams are eager to work with young people and will support you throughout your time with us. If a rewarding and supportive placement interests you, then please get in touch so we can start your journey today.
Supported Internships and Progression to Work
As an employer we have an inclusive and diverse workforce, and we continue to look at ways we can offer more to and develop support for our staff and those working with us.
As such, Compton Care are thrilled to be involved with programs such as ‘Supported Internships’ and ‘Progression to Work’. These schemes aim to support 16–24-year-olds who have special educational needs or disability (SEND) with an education, health and care (EHC) plan build employability skills and access the world of work.
Offering opportunities to young people who otherwise may not have the chance is a truly rewarding experience for our staff. We relish the opportunity to continue this work and see those working with us grow and flourish. If you are a provider of one of these schemes, please let us know how we can be involved.
Our training facilities can be booked for external use, they offer flexible learning spaces, that include training pods, skills lab and meeting rooms and access to fabulous gardens and an on-site café.
Please email us or use our contact form for further details regarding costs and refreshments. Alternatively, we have a fantastic on-site café where attendees can purchase hot and cold beverages, meals, pastries and snacks. There is also free on site car parking available.
Your support means we can be there for those who need it most
Are you able to join a Compton Care event, volunteer in one of our Compton Care shops or play our Lottery? Without your continued support, it wouldn’t be possible for us to provide our services, free of charge, to our patients and their loved ones.