Home Away from Home
We need your support to help transform all 18 rooms on our Inpatient Unit into a tranquil and serene space that will be aesthetically pleasing and will enable us through modern technology to bring our rooms into the 21st century.
Our idea is to create an instant feeling of warmth and comfort that will ultimately enhance the environment for each patient and family that we care for. Thus, introducing a futuristic and holistic look and feel.
What your donation means
You can make your donation safe in the knowledge that every penny you donate will ensure that we will be able to offer the following:
- Practical panelling and clever storage to hide medical equipment and oxygen pipes will help create a less clinical atmosphere. A space that doesn’t resemble hospital (perhaps after experiencing many recent stays) but rather a room of serenity
- Fridges in each room will enable on-hand refreshments day or night. Lighting and temperature features will mean a patient remains in control, keep their independence and rests in a room that feels ‘just right’ for them
- A room filled with cosy bedding and soft furnishings so patients will feel safe, secure and at ease. Relaxation will extend to those visiting, who often spend hours beside their loves one, away from their own home comforts
- Modern TV screens and interactive technology so that precious family film night memories will be made, and ‘I love you Grandma’ messages doodled by grandchildren can bring a smile. Smart tablets will connect friends and family members, giving them more time together regardless of where in the world
We thought you would be interested to see the colours that we will incorporate in each room and their significance to our choices!
We would like to introduce you to Lisa Needham: we were privileged to care for Lisa’s mom, Margaret in 2022. Lisa describes below the difference our planned room enhancements will make to the patients and their families we care for.
As a family, we can’t speak highly enough of all the team at Compton Care, they truly are fantastic, and with your help and support they aim to make the bedrooms in the Inpatient Unit even more accessible and inviting for families just like ours to stay in so they can spend very precious time with their loved ones in a home from home environment.
It’s the little touches that can make the biggest difference when you’re trying to process what is actually happening to you and your loved one.
By donating, you can help make that safe and relaxing ‘home away from home’ feeling a reality for someone in your community, for a loving family just like ours.
– Lisa Needham, Margaret’s daughter and supporter of Compton Care.