Location: Compton Hall and within the community
Status: Fixed Term- 9 months from July 2019
Salary: £39,060 - £72,840 pro rata plus on call payment
Closing Date: June 28, 2019 5:00 pm
We’re looking for a Speciality Doctor to join our busy medical team at Compton Care working both within our onsite care services and in the community.
- To carry out medical assessments of Compton Care patients. This will include working within the inpatient unit, day therapies and carrying out some home visits. Home visits will only be carried out after training in domiciliary palliative care has been undertaken or suitable equivalent experience can be demonstrated.
- To carry out procedures such as blood tests, catheterisation etc., from time to time in the inpatient unit.
- To assist in arrangements for the discharge of patients who are going home, death certification and care of bereaved families whilst working on the inpatient unit.
- To effectively communicate both face to face and via telephone to give advice to patients, relatives, General Practitioners or hospital doctors as and when required to ensure that prompt action is taken to alleviate the problems of our patients.
- To work collaboratively with the rest of the Medical Team and the larger Multi-Disciplinary Team of Compton Care and attend meetings when required.
- To carry out administrative duties which will include discharge letters, death summaries, referral letters to other specialists and computer data input.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Fully registered with the General Medical Council.
- At least 3 years’ experience post registration.
- A member of a Medical Protection Organisation