Location: Compton Care Inpatient Unit, Compton Hall
Status: Fixed term contract - 12 months starting August 2019
Salary: £37,191 - £47,132 + payment for on-call work
Closing Date: June 28, 2019 5:00 pm
This post has been created to assist the medical team in delivering palliative care to Compton Care inpatients. It would suit a doctor who is considering a career in palliative medicine and who wishes to gain experience in a supportive team providing opportunities for development and training in palliative medicine.
- Involved in carrying out medical assessments and palliative care of in-patients at Compton Care Inpatient Unit. All patients who are newly admitted to the Unit receive a thorough medical assessment on the day of admission.
- Assist in arrangements for the discharge of patients who are going home and death certification and care of bereaved families.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Medical Team and the larger Multi-Disciplinary Team of Compton Care.
- Training in Palliative Medicine will be provided and attendance on relevant courses will be encouraged.
- On-call duties will be required. These will be rostered across the wider team and will include regular weekends and weekday nights.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Fully registered doctor who have attained the Foundation Programme.
- fully registered with the General Medical Council and to be a member of a medical protection organisation.
- At least 2 years of general medical experience