Location: Compton Hall and within the community
Purpose of the Role
The role of a volunteer is to assist the Spiritual Care Coordinator by offering spiritual care to patients, families, staff and volunteers, regardless of faith or life stance. This means supporting patients and their families as they look for meaning, hope and peace in their changing situation.
- To offer warm, friendly empathetic support.
- To offer companionship and shared activities where directed or requested to do so.
- If appropriate and requested, to support the religious practices of patients and their families.
- To attend regularly all supervision and training sessions.
- To maintain proper records, ensuring the confidentiality of patients and families at all times.