In line with current government guidelines to help reduce the spread of Coronavirus, we are limiting the number of people on our sites.
We ask that anyone presenting with Coronavirus symptoms, do not attend our patient facing sites and self-isolate.
Patients staying on our Inpatient Unit are permitted to receive one visitor per day. We are happy to make allowances in exceptional circumstances.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation with this matter.
For more information on the national guidelines around Coronavirus please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
The entire Compton family is working incredibly hard to ensure our patients and families continue to get the care and support they need throughout this pandemic.
We’re also doing our bit to support our NHS partners by freeing up some of their time and resources so they can focus on fighting Covid19 and saving lives.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- Opening more beds at Compton Hall
We’ve added 1 extra bed to our Inpatient Unit and created a temporary 6 bed ward in our currently empty Living Well Centre.
As well as supporting our patients with specialist palliative care needs, we’ll also support those who are frail. These patients are a vulnerable group and take up a large proportion of hospital admissions.
These measures will help to reduce the number of NHS hospital admissions and free up beds for critical and Covid19 care.
2. Supporting District Nurses
Our Compton community team provide specialist care and support to patients in their own homes and often work in conjunction with District Nursing teams.
We will help to free up the District Nursing teams by taking on some of their community work supporting those with less complex palliative care needs.
3. Support for healthcare professionals
As well as continuing to offer specialist advice, the team will also offer information to GPs, Care Home Staff and other professionals who’re seeking guidance on supporting people with less complex palliative and end of life care needs.
Where we can, and for as long as we can, we are committed to caring for our patients and supporting the NHS to save lives.
Our Statements & Latest News
BUT we need your support to continue to care!
With our charity shops closed and our fundraising events cancelled, Compton Care is loosing hundreds of thousands of pounds in vital income – income which funds our extraordinary care.
If you are able, please pledge your support by:
• Donating to our Urgent Appeal – whether it’s a regular monthly gift or a one off donation, you will be helping to fund our care essential care services
• Joining our Lottery for just £1 a week. As a member you’ll not only be funding care you’ll also be in with a chance of winning up to £2000 every week!
• Join or host a Virtual Event – whether you choose to play our weekly Friday night quiz, join our virtual challenge or organise your own socially distanced event you’ll be helping to ensure our services remain open for those who need us most.